Welcome to My Blog!

What can I say? I like to travel.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Magi ya Chai

I had four pages of blogs on a flash drive, but this internet cafe computer won't take this flash drive. So if you don't hear from the others, its because we're all having computer issues. Fun.

Everything is so beautiful here! I love the leaders, Peter and Erin, and our guards, Dominic, Munissi, and Babu are so fun. Munissi is a natural model!

Everything is so full of life! The soil is dark and rich, which makes all the fruits and veggies delicious. The avocados here are huge and fantastic.

All the children in our village, Magi ya Chai, are so adorable. They see Musangos (white people) and yell out "Picture! Picture!" They love having us here.

I've learned a lot of Swahili so far: Jambo (hello), Asante (thank you), punga (donkey) ntoto (child), wetoto (children), pica picture! (take a picture), paley (I'm sorry), Shikamoo (which is a sign of respect you give to Mamas or Babas (Moms or Dads)) and a lot of other things, including a song!

We all have to sleep on a sleeping bag on the beds, with a mosquito net around us so we don't get bitten during the night. It was hard to sleep at first, getting used to the time zone, and I have gotten up in the middle of the night to pee a lot. The Malaria pills speed up the excretion cycle. :P But last night I actually slept through the whole night, even with my roommates snoring up a storm and the bugs buzzing around my head.

The computer found my blogs! But I'll post this anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment